Skip to main content

Happiness is..

Well what happiness is ??
It is when you are on the way to home and your mom-dad waits for you till late night.
It is when your dad comes early to spend time with you.
It is when your mom stay awake to chat with you even when she has to wake up early next day.
It is when every morning you get up with your dad's hand on your forehead.
It is when your mom asks what you want to eat.
It is when you ask your dad for something and he says everything I own is your sweetheart.
It is when your mom asks you n number of times about your meals.
It is when you go shopping with your mom and see her enjoying it.
It is when you bought something for everyone and they like it the very moment it is opened.
It is when your dad is upset because he is going on a business trip and will not be able to stay until you are here.
It is when you try to placate him that it is ok and you understand his situation.
It is when your brother gives 1/3rd of his pocket money even after you shopped a lot.
And it is when you realize you are surrounded by these beautiful people who are attached to your every single emotion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review - Summer Requiem by Vikram Seth

                                            It is a book that will take you to places and circumstances that once upon a time were your humble abode. Now things have changed and, we have moved forward in life where things or people that matter live far away. The poems were deep. One has to focus on what he is trying to say, else you'll lose the plot. I enjoyed some and, some were out of my reach. I feel I should go back to those again in the latter part of life to understand them better. Not merely reading it, but feeling them as well will only make me closer to the truth. Even though I didn't get few poems, I wish to read them again. It happens very rarely when I feel like re-reading a book. So, if it is happening, that means it has left an impact on me. Like every other poetry book, go slow with this. My favourites from this book are – Can’t, This Room, In Touch, Day and Nig...

Review: Marry Me, Stranger by Novoneel Chakraborty

Well, I'm not one of those who just write a review, but then this book requires one I think so. When I started this book I was thinking that I don't want to read another typical love story (though I have read all his other books). So I just wished me luck and started reading it. Even first few pages took me by surprise and as I moved on, it was a roller coaster ride full of overriding emotions. I usually take time to read books as I love going through the depth of book by slowly taking them in my world but completed this one in one go.  The best thing about the book is its story line and obviously the characters because even if the story is good and the characters are not portrayed well you cannot connect much with them. Here, everything is in total synchronization, be it emotions, social responsibility or situation handling issues. I will not call it a love story because it is not. It is more about social issues, your own self, situation that you come across in your ...

Review - Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

  I don’t know what to make of this book as it left me with so many things to think about regarding the scenarios/situations I read. Also, if it falls into the romance genre, I can only find revenge and desperation to prove the other person wrong. The book is tricky as it has a story within a story. But after some time, it becomes easy to identify one from another, and it doesn’t feel like a chore. I found it hard to understand what is going on at the beginning.  Also, the gothic parts were very few and were not scary at all. They added little to the story; I feel. I felt something would come out of it, but found nothing. There are two main characters, Heathcliff and Catherine, and both were just okay. I didn’t like Heathcliff at all. His traits were brutal and harsh. Despite that, I was always looking forward to what he is up to next. On the other hand, Catherine is too sweet and gullible (not the Catherine you are thinking about, though). The book has a theme of love, frie...